Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkin Pickin'

Tim and I went to a Pumpkin Patch!

I haven't been since I was a kid and have been wanting to go for the past few years, but while living in Texas, the only "pumpkin patch" I saw was a little section of a grocery store parking lot with hay thrown on it and a few pumpkins scattered over that. Not that exciting...

So, now that we are back in a place where proper pumpkin patches exist, we summoned our inner child, went and had a great time.








There were alpacas and pygmy goats there!!!




He still isn't taller than the apple :/ haha






Tons of photos, I know...but I am just so in love with this season I couldn't resist. The textures, colors, and crisp air..ahhh heaven.

There was a corn maze that we were planning on getting lost in, but it turned out to be pretty lame and you could literally see the tops of peoples heads as they walked through. Not much of a challenge for us giants. Also, we didn't get a chance to go on the sweet hay bale ride around the farm....but we have both planned for a later date :)

To top off an already great time, up the road from the farm, we noticed a little family owned creamery. We stopped by on our way back home and picked up some delicious freshly made Pumpkin Ice cream.

I <3 you Autumn.


xo
Lizzie

















3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Love pumpkin patches! i like taking my kids there, they go crazy and have tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile! So cute and so many pumpkins!! Lovely blog))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those we some pretty neat squashes! Great pictures, looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete