Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Peek Inside

Do you ever wonder what a persons surroundings are as they type their posts?
We often see the personal style, food they enjoy or photos outside of the place they call home, but rarely do we see the items inside of their residence that also reflects their personal style.


So, I decided to share my favorite bits and pieces that make up our home :)


 I really like a funky mix of items and floral patterns of all colors. As you can probably tell, I really like birds, especially owls and little 70's inspired trinkets, although I try to stay away from a main "theme".


 I also love filling my space with vintage pieces that were given to me and that have a little story behind them:

The penny-farthing (bike) wall hanging was given to me by my mom and used to hang in the kitchen of the house I grew up in. As a child, I used to stare at it as I ate my breakfast before school and would imagine myself being able to ride it around the neighborhood.
The little red mushroom with a hat on, was also given to me by my mother. Her sister and her made them in an art class while they were in elementary school. So cute.
The tin, Texas cigarette box was my late Grandpa's that he bought when stationed in Ft. Worth while in the military, way back in the day. Before my Grandma passed, she gave it to us while we were living in Texas. Even though I don't love Texas, I love this little gem.


Ohhhh and I totally know my cat isn't an item or decoration, but he is just tooo darn cute and a huge part of our little life not to include haha

Hope you enjoyed getting a little peek inside my home and getting to know me a little more :)

xo
Lizzie











4 comments:

  1. That is sooo inspiring! Looove floral prints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cat's eyes are beautiful. :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! I do always wonder what people's surroundings look like. Love all those little images - such a cute space :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete