Saturday, June 11, 2011

Ca Phe Sua Da(Is so delish!)+Cute New Coasters.

So we got a new coffee table last week and with a coffee table comes the need for coasters. I wanted some vintage inspired, tile ones....so off to Etsy I went. I found the most adorable coasters made by a PNW company called robotcandy located in Portland. I instantly fell in love with these unique, handmade little guys and knew I had to order a set.

I know coasters are kind of a random household item, but if you are wanting a new set...go check these guys out. They have a TON to choose from!

The four I picked:






Love.



Now, onto the Ca Phe Sua Da. If you don't know what this is, or have never had it...boy oh boy, are you missing out. It is basically heaven in a cup. It is Vietnamese iced coffee and it is AMAZING and also guaranteed to blow any double shot out of the water. I first tried this awhile back at our favorite local Pho House and ever since I have been dying to buy all the necessities to recreate this at home.

I ordered a set of Phin Filters (the coffee filter needed to make this heavenly nectar) and received them in the mail this week.  I suggest if you have any coffee lovin' bone in your body, you try this at your favorite Vietnamese restaurant and then order a set of Phins for home.
Worth it. Totally.


The Essentials:
Vietnamese Dark Roast Coffee, Longevity Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk and a Phin Filter.


Boil water. Put a few spoonfuls of condensed milk in cup. Place Phin on top of cup and then add a few tbls of coffee into filter.

Packing down grounds with the gravity insert.

Pour a little bit of boiling water into phin and let drain through to saturate the grounds and then fill up the filter the rest of the way.

Put on the lid. Watch as the coffee filters through, this takes sometime....but is enjoyable to watch the process.

Done! All the water went through the filter :)

Fill cup with ice.


Stir Well...

Pour over ice.

Enjoy :D

Hope this has inspired fellow coffee lovers to try this, if you haven't already! To buy a set of Phins check out your local Vietnamese/Asian market to see if they have any, ours didn't, so I order my set from here:


Have a great weekend!

-Lizzie














4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm that looks so yummy! The dandelion filter is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) The dandelion one is probably my favorite :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Why haven't i tried this before! This sounds amazing! Im sorry im yelling so much....i just get excited to see different ways to have coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I don't know, esp. since you are basically in love with coffee lol You def. need to try it next time you go to a Viet. restaurant or go to one specifically for this...it is THAT good. Toooo bad we didn't live closer...we could totally hang out and I could make this amazing stuff for you lol

    ReplyDelete