Monday, March 7, 2011

Discovering Discovery Park....

Ever since we moved back to the PNW, we have been trying to take advantage of all that nature has to offer in this beautiful part of the world, as often as possible. This weekend my husband and I had the extra time to explore a place that I have heard much about, Discovery Park in Seattle.

We took the Discovery Loop Trail, which was about 3 miles long and filled with tall mossy trees, hanging ferns and amazing views overlooking the Puget Sound. I haven't had the time to exercise much lately or ride my bike, so my shins are killing me from walking up and down the dirt paths, while trying to avoid the mud covered tree roots....but it was so worth it.

Being outside, breathing in the fresh air, seeing such beautiful sights and having the opportunity to take photographs made me feel alive again. I have always felt most alive while exploring new places and seeing things for the first time.

While walking along the trail, I couldn't help but keep stopping to take photos, all while saying, "this is so beautiful" or "look at that", about 100 times. haha









I can't wait till Spring and for there to be more nice weather weekends like this one, so we can continue to explore numerous other parks/trails in the area :)

Hope you all have a good week!
-Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment